Reporting to the Agri Supply Chain Coordinator the Agri Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for analysing harvest oat samples, recording results and reporting results back to farmers and suppliers. The role will also involve walking crops on farm to inspect prior to harvest and overseeing the completion of farm surveys to capture management practices and compare with oat quality.
· Issue sample bags to farmers requesting oat samples;
· Record farmer/suppliers information;
· Analyse samples and record results on excel document;
· Draft and issue detailed report of oat quality results to farmer/supplier;
· Analyse test results in generated reports;
· Inspect crops prior to harvest;
· Send farm surveys to growers ;
· Ensure all surveys are completed correctly;
· Analyse surveys and generate reports comparing management and oat quality.
· A good understanding of NI and ROI arable sectors ;
· Access to a car for the purpose of work along with business insurance and a full driving licence;
· Be IT literate;
· Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
· Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
· Show attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
· A third level qualification in Agriculture;
· Previous experience in a similar role
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm on Friday 3rd July 2020.
WHITE’S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER