Our Client based in Newry, Co. Down is currently looking to bolster their team with an HGV Technician, you will possess a strong electrical and diagnostic bias and be able to deputise for the Workshop Supervisor in their absence.
Ideal applicants must have a good knowledge of heavy motor vehicles and will hold at least a City & Guilds qualification in a relevant subject.
You will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance, and modification of all vehicles
- To perform vehicle maintenance or trouble shoot defects and repair
- Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Provide on the job training for other Technicians/Trainees as required
- Continually identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate person
- Produce brief details of job on a job card and service sheet
- Communicate with supervisory staff regularly to keep them updated on the progress of your job
- Be aware and responsible for Health & Safety of yourself and other employees
- Strong experience and knowledge of trucks, trailers, engines, gearboxes, axles, hydraulic systems, electrical diagnosis.
- Automotive electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components including starting, charging & multiplex systems
- Use of multi-meters and another test equipment
- Mechanical engineering knowledge
- An understanding of routine maintenance schedules
- Post qualification workshop experience in heavy goods vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to assess risk
- Systematic and objective
- Self-assured but aware of one's own limitations
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to think on one's feet
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Can work under pressure
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Able to form good working relationships with other employees
- Willing to work independently
Experience and Technical Skills / Professional Qualifications
- Fully skilled HGV mechanic, through a recognised formal training programme
- City & Guilds qualifications or equivalent
- MIG welding
- Health & Safety knowledge
This is an un-missable opportunity to develop a career within a Dealer that rewards success and hard work. So, if you are a self-motivated individual who meets all the desired criteria, can make a valuable contribution to the team and who can motivate staff of all levels, then email your CV today.
Axis Recruitment is an employment agency recruiting on behalf of our client.
To be considered for the role please forward an up to date CV via the link or contact John on 02890 488 688 or email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO APPLY