Duncrue Foods Processors is an equal opportunities employer.Duncrue Food Processors Ltd (DFP) has been in operation for over forty years. DFP has grown to be one of the UK’s leading beef dripping producers. Our primary operation is the manufacture of high quality beef dripping which is sold to the fast food, catering and food manufacturing industries. We now wish to recruit for the following position:
Production Operative (Packing)
Ref No: DFP/POP/06/20
To operate all machines in the packing department – box formers, filling head, check weights, palletisers, high pressure pumps and extruders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure all machines are operating efficiently and in line with SOP’s ;
- Monitor the work area in line with health and safety legislation and the Planed Preventative Maintenance Schedule (PPM);
- Report any issues to supervisor or maintenance department so they can be dealt with swiftly and effectively to minimise downtime;
- Monitor and record packs per minute on the machines to ensure weight is consistent;
- Check all products for quality issues;
- Ensure product change overs are performed in accordance with SOP and with minimal downtime;
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required;
- Operate the PLC Control Screens and SCADA Systems.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Previously worked with PLC control screens and SCADA systems;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
Have a customer-focused attitude.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the food industry;
- Counterbalance forklift licence;
- Have a pallet stacker and electric pallet truck licence.
Hours of work: Current shifts 6am – 2.30pm / 2.30pm – 1am
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm on Friday 10th July 2020.
Duncrue Foods Processors is an equal opportunities employer.