YFCU seek a dynamic person with a passion for Communication who can build on our existing platforms and drive forward new ideas. This role is a full Communication/P.R role but given the age of our membership a knowledge of/experience with Social Media is key.
Salary: £21,863 - £26,650 + pension
Permanent contract (35 hours per week)
The job will be primarily office based in Belfast but will require the post holder to attend events during the evening and at weekends. A toil system is in place.
The Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster is the largest rural youth organisation in Northern Ireland. The organisation is for young people aged 12 to 30 years and provides educational, social and personal development to its members through a wide range of competitions, training events and activities. There is no requirement to be a farmer or come from a farming background to join – the only requirement for membership is an interest in rural life.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for driving the web, Social Media and communication for the charity. The post holder will be expected to proactively promote and manage the image of YFCU externally and internally via a variety of media. The post holder is also responsible for the sourcing and management of low level sponsorship.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, they will:
1. Update the website using a content management system and liaise with web design company to ensure the website is operational and content is current. Exercise editorial control over the website content.
2. Drive Social Media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube and Snapchat while considering new channels that are relevant to members.
3. Arrange photo calls in relation to events/competitions/sponsorship/news etc. and act as photographer for same. Also manage relationship with key photographers who are used for key events. Editing of photos/videos as and when required.
4. Edit and produce all editorial – including editing reports and layout for YFCU Annual Report and Yearbook.
5. Act as the liaison point for press queries. Liaise with journalists and editors to generate coverage for events.
6. Draft and issue press releases on news/competitions/reports/events/sponsorship news/AGM etc.
7. Compile and manage delivery of an annual communications plan.
8. Edit and produce members’ magazine, ‘Rural Dispatch’ 3 times a year, collating news and stories from the organisation. Generate advertising revenue from each issue.
9. Liaise with sponsors re events they are sponsoring, organizing photo calls, approving quotes, discussing future sponsorship opportunities and managing expectations.
10. Manage the relationship with external design company. Act as liaison point for briefing, design, proofing signing off PDF’s, quotes and invoicing.
11. Provide advice, guidance and materials as required for club Public Relations Officers.
English to at least GCSE level.
Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Degree or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
CIPR membership or equivalent
2. Relevant Experience
Experience of- writing press releases, editing magazines and media liaison.
Experience of digital marketing, managing websites and social media.
IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
Knowledge of website content management software
Experience of working with sponsors and or funding partners
3. Skills and Abilities
High standard of written English
Good clear communications skills both verbal and written.
Competent in taking photographs for use by the press.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work under pressure and handle the pressure of working to deadlines
Ability to juggle many tasks and to prioritise workload
Good time management skills
Ability to work in a pressurised environment
Calm under pressure
Exercises good judgment
Access NI required
Work related Travel
Evening and weekend work
Required to travel within Northern Ireland (Less than 20 times per annum. A toil system is in place)
Health & Safety Risk Assessment
Regular use of VDU
Some lifting of publications delivered to Head Office, props for photo calls and promotional stands etc.
The Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification to Sonia Hewitt at email@example.com . Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Thursday 20 September 2018. It is envisaged that interviews will take place on Thursday 27 September 2018.