Junior Topic for the Group Debating Final
21 November 2018
“Parents Are To Be Blamed For Childhood Obesity.”
FOR: Parents are to be blamed for childhood obesity
- Parents are preparing most of their children’s meals so therefore are to blame for unhealthy food being prepared.
- Parents are doing the grocery shopping and therefore know what they are bringing into the house.
- Parents oversee their children’s free time activities and there know if they are not doing any exercise.
- Children pick up unhealthy eating habits from their parents.
AGAINST: Parents are not to be blamed for childhood obesity
- Some children are given lunch money and parents cannot be there to see what it is being spent on
- A lot of parents encourage their children to take up sports and exercise as a hobby
- Friends can have a massive influence on what foods children like to eat
- Parents cannot monitor what their children are seeing on social media which can encourage unhealthy or bad eating habits.