WHO'S WHO IN YFCU? AERA SUB-COMMITTEE
27 August 2020
Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee (AERA)
How is the AERA formed?
The Executive have the right to form Sub-Committees as needed from time to time. AERA is annually reformed.
What are the aims of the committee?
- Responding to agricultural, rural and environmental legislation and policy
- Representing the Association at meetings with major bodies within Northern Ireland. The sub-committee meet four times a year.
- Giving a voice to young people in regards to rural, agricultural and environmental policy making
- Overseeing the actions of the DAERA funding platform
- Developing and providing agricultural training opportunities including; Farm Safety, Agri-Conference, Farm Walks etc
- Assist staff with the School’s Project. The School’s Project works alongside schools to add value to students studying agricultural related courses
- Working alongside government and industry to give members information relating to rural and agricultural education, training and employment opportunities
- Work alongside CAFRE to develop Level 2 agricultural diplomas. The group is currently in discussions in regards to a Level 3 offering
- Organising the Agri- trip for members
- Organising the Bi-Annual Agri Conference
- Comment occasionally on agricultural competitions
How can members have their voice heard?
Individual informs their club reps who take the matter to County Level. The County Reps then take the issue to Executive Level.
What are your aims for the year?
- Outstanding DAERA targets
- AMR and Biosecurity
- Technology Demonstration Farms